Saturday, November 24, 2007

Week8, Thing 18: Online productivity tools

The text below is a document I created with Zoho Writer. I wasn't impressed, but maybe I'll like it better when I learn more about it. I might also try Google Docs. I tried using the Publish feature to add the document to this blog, but nothing happened after I clicked on the Publish button, so I used Export instead and saved it as a text file on my desktop. Then I cut and pasted here -- not to elegant but it worked.

This is my first time using a web-based word processor. It seems that the font choices are somewhat limited, but myfavorite, Comic Sans, is here. I am going to try to publish this document to my blog as my blog post. I will try out some of the features first, like changing the font color. Well, that didn't work, and I don't see any Help to figure out how to do it . I was able to paste an emoticon though. However, I lost the font in the process and can't get it back. I was also able to add a tag. That's a nice feature. I will reserve judgment until I can find out more about how this word processor is supposed to function. For now I will just try posting to my blog.

No comments: