Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Week 3, Thing 7: Technology-Related Blog Post

It is about time to replace my cell phone. In reviewing a list of current offerings, I realized that I have much to learn about the new features available since I purchased my last phone. I was impressed by how much can be done on a cell phone these days. I discovered that a GPS application called VZ Navigator is now available for the cell phone, which eliminates the need for a separate GPS device. There are many other applications available, such as Consumer Reports, Wine Spectator, SuperPages, Music, and even a Spanish application with dictionary, translation, and verb conjugation capabilities. Additional monthly or transaction charges are associated with most of these new features, and many of them are specific to certain phones. Many seem rather impractical for such a small device, but it is interesting to learn what is possible. Unfortunately, it will be very time comsuming to figure out which phone will best meet my needs for the next 2 years until I am eligible for another new phone.

No comments: